THE RATES INCLUDE:
- Unlimited mileage
- Third Party Liability
- Vignette Sticker for all roads in Bulgaria
- 24 hours road assistance on the territory of Republic of Bulgaria
- CDW – reduces the renter’s liability in case of damage of the vehicle up to the amount of the deposit (excess). CDW is valid only if a protocol from the Police Authorities is presented. Does not cover damage to the vehicle due to driving under the influence of alcohol, other intoxicating substances or due to violation of the Bulgarian Traffic Laws
- TP – reduces the renter’s liability in case of theft of the vehicle up to the amount of the deposit (excess). TP is valid only if a protocol from the Police Authorities is presented and the car keys and documents are returned
- Winter Tires ( during the winter season)
- Airport surcharge
- VAT 20%
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Renter’s personal requirements:
Renter must have held a full driving license for a minimum of 1 year, passport (ID card) and Credit Card. Drivers under 21 years can be subjected to an additional daily charge “Young Driver” and their Security Deposit will be above standard.
Minimal rental period is 24 hours. There is a free one hour drop-off tolerance (if possible). More than two hours delay will be charged as an additional rental day.
Method of payment and security deposit:
During the booking process you can choose one of the following options: make a partial online prepayment (20% of the total price) through Paypal, full prepayment with bank transfer or to pay on arrival. If a partial prepayment is chosen, the Renter must pay the remaining price during the pick-up. The accepted methods of payment are: CASH, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Maestro) or bank transfer.
During the pick-up process the Renter must leave security deposit by Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard) issued on his name, which depends on the different car groups. The amount of the security deposit is 50% higher than the standard, if the Renter chooses to leave the deposit in cash.
Process of authorization of the deposit and cancellation of its authorization:
On picking up the car, the deposit amount is blocked /authorized on your Credit Card, and on dropping off the car is unblocked /the authorization is cancelled/ after inspection of the car.
- CDW, TP (Basic insurance included in the rates) – reduces the renter’s liability in case of damage of the vehicle up to the amount of the deposit (excess). CDW is valid only if a protocol from the Traffic Police is presented. It does not cover damage to the vehicle due to driving under the influence of alcohol, other intoxicating substances or due to violation of the Bulgarian Traffic Laws. It does not cover missing details or any kind of damage to tires, rims, undercarriage, windscreen.
- Tires, Rims and Windscreen insurance (TRW): Optional. Covers damage to tires, rims and windscreen for 5 euro/day.
- Zero Excess insurance (ZEI): Fully removes the renter’s liability in case of damage or theft of the vehicle (zero excess) for 8 euro/day. Includes TRW insurance, but does not cover damage to the undercarriage of the car or missing details from the vehicle. Valid only if the client provides a protocol for the damage/theft of the vehicle from the Traffic Police.
!!! The Renter is obligated to provide all needed documents/protocols from the Police authorities in case of damage or theft of the vehicle. Otherwise the Renter is responsible for the total amount of the respective damages or the full insurance amount, in case of total loss or theft.
Lost documents, audio system, registration number plate, GPS navigation, car keys or any kind of extra equipment are full responsibility of the Renter. None of the insurances waive the customer’s liability for damages of the car interior.
The vehicle is rented with a full tank of fuel. Fuel consumption is payable by the Renter. In case the car is returned with less fuel than rented, the Renter must pay for the missing fuel at price 2 euro/litre.
One-way rentals and deliveries:
Upon request a vehicle can be delivered and picked up in other city or office of CarRent. Delivery to neighboring countries is possible.
Additional driver, equipment and accessories:
An additional fee per day applies as follows:
- Additional driver – FREE
- Baby seat – 3 euro/day (0-9kg)
- Child Seat – 3 euro/day (8-18kg)
- Booster seat – 2euro/day (18-36kg)
- GPS navigation system – 4 euro/day
- Ski rack – 3 euro/day
- Snow chains – 3 euro/day
- Wi-Fi interner dongle – 2,50 euro/day
Working time and “Out of hours” fee:
Working hours of CarRent: Monday – Sunday 09:00h – 18:00h. For pick up or drop off before or after the working time an additional fee of 20 euro will be applied Out of hours fee is valid all day for official public holidays – Easter, Christmas (24.12, 25.12, 26.12), New Year (31.12, 01.01)
Cross border rentals:
Cross borders are allowed. They are upon request. There is an additional fee for the cross border documents – 50 euro for EU countries and 70 euro for non EU countries. The mentioned fee is for 1 country only. In order to prepare the documentation we need a copy of customer’s passport and driving license at least 3 working days prior arrival. The security deposit can be higher.
Guarantee for class:
Please note, that CarRent cannot guarantee a specific make or model. We can promise that if the chosen vehicle is not available, an equivalent car rental will be provided – with similar engine,size, door number and number of seats. In case that the reserved car is not available on the date of rental, you will get a higher class without extra charge.
Cancellation/amendment and refund policy:
A confirmed booking can be cancelled/amended no less than 72 hours before the pick-up time free of charge. In case of a booking cancellation/amend less than 72 hours before the pick-up time, a fee of 20% of the total rental price will be charged, but no less than the price for 1 rental day. In case of a no show, the prepayment will be not refunded.